Re:steering wheel

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:steering wheel
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:43:33 -0400
I've bought and sold a few steering wheels on Ebay.  My impression is that this
wheel needs a LOT of polishing, and probably revarnishing, as well.  This is
not easy to do, because you expect a perfect, smooth as glass finish on your
steering wheel.

The Leston wheels are prized in England, but scare over here.  They are usually
sold without matching horn buttons-could be a problem.  And the seller doesn't
know what car it fits-a bigger problem.

Also, the spokes are dished.  You might like the extra arm room a flat-spoked
wheel (eg. Moto Lita) would give you- I know I do.

Sprites and Midgets used at least four different size splines on their steering
shafts over the years, so you're chances of this one fitting your car are slim.

Ray Lynch
59 Bugeye

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
jrlnj.vcf; charset=windows-1252]