Re: CA smog testing

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CA smog testing
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:21:32 +0100
I have seen a calculation some while ago, that more energy goes into the
manufacture of a car, than it uses in its whole lifetime on the road.
A good argument for preserving older vehicles rather than buying new
ones.Especially if you are also re-cycling parts including aluminium road
signs and and used fence post caps.

Another point is that cars like ours are truely cherished vehicles.  They
may not have all of the low-emissions technology of modern cars, but they
are much more likely to get regular and careful maintenance and be less
polluting than a badly maintained gas guzzler.

Guy