Re: CA smog testing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CA smog testing
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 01:30:20 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/04 2:22:39 PM, Guy.Weller@kencomp.net writes:

> What I find alarming is that if it is a true democracy, one can only
> conclude
> that a majority of Americans (or Californians at least) repeatedly support
> legislation that is gradually whittling away at their own independance and
> freedom.  Sort of "shooting onself in the foot" isn't it? A democratic
> society
> voting itself towards a fascist state.

While Guy can be forgiven his conception of a "true democracy" neither the US
nor California has ever been a "true democracy", something the American
media, and maybe most Americans, would like to forget.   We are a democratic
republic, with the subtle difference being that we elect the people who
represent us
and expect them to look out for our welfare.   But we sure need to be paying
more attention to what those people are doing once we elect them and "firing"
them if they don't perform in our best interests.

If the UK is following in our footsteps, beware and fight it.   This is a
subtle form of tyranny.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"