RE: Engine timing

To: "'gerard'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: RE: Engine timing
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 08:43:23 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Now before we get a comment from the other side of the pond about
walking dogs, collars, and lock plates on spridgets let us define the
parts we are talking about.  I wouldn't want to turn this into a "cherry
picking", "torch", problem.

Pages A16, A17 (The Engine Internal Components), Bentley.
Item 38: Distributor Housing
Item 41: Distributor Driving Spindle

My point was never remove the Distributor Housing without having a
"tool" on the Distributor Driving Spindle or as sure as the Lucas rises
in the east you will be fetching the Distributor Driving Spindle out of
the Engine Lubricant Storage Container, (OK, I made this last one up, I
didn't see a good picture of the oil pan in my Bentley).
                Crash

Metric thread on the Datsun shifter, but you could probably chase one
with a UNF die. The lock plate does not fit over the end of the
shifter.

Gerard