Re: Wheel Bearings

To: "Spridget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wheel Bearings
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 11:58:53 -0400
O.K., the strong side goes AWAY from the spacer.  It makes sense if you think
about it:  the strong side keeps the bearings from coming apart in that
direction, and the spacer keeps them from coming apart in the other direction.
The purpose of the spacer is to preload the bearing inner race slightly to
take up any inherent play in the ball bearings, with the help of the shims.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC