RE: garage find loser

To: "'Glen Byrns'" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: RE: garage find loser
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 20:15:11 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
A friend of my mother died last year and left my mom her old car.  I was
informed that I have one week to remove the car from the estate.  I went
over and looked at it today.  This car hasn't been driven in very long
time, all the tires are rotted and it sure won't start.  It turns out
the car was actually her husbands and he died in the early 70's so I
assume it hasn't been driven since then as she never drove as far as
know.  It is a convertible probably mid 30 to 40 vintage in need of a
major overhaul.  I don't even know what kind of car it is. It seems her
husband had removed all the badges and replaced them with ones with his
name on the them, I knew he was strange but that does seem to be weird.
It looks like a Ford except the headlights are the hideaway type in the
fenders and I think the car is front wheel drive?  The only thing I know
about it is what my mom told me her friend said, her husband was
involved in the auto industry at the time and it was her husband E.L.'s
favorite car.  I have no choice but to have the car towed as the estate
has been sold and the car is legally my moms, if I don't do it they will
and she will be charged for the towing and storage fees.  I don't have
the time, money, or space for this car.  I can't even get my bug-I
running at this time.  Thanks a bunch Mrs. Cord you really made my day.
                Crash

I've been waiting for months for a work friend to check out a garage
sighting
of an LBC that she thought might be an old Jag.  Visions of a long
forgottem
XK120 waiting for the right new owner filled my head.
Finally, she spotted the owner outside near the garage and went over to
inquire about the LBC on my behalf this last weekend.

The 'possible old Jag' turned out to be a Triumph TR7.

This is my entry for Letdown-of-the-Week award.

Glen