Re: tonneau bow?

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: tonneau bow?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 02:31:23 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/26/04 10:50:44 PM, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

> Since the
> car was an "ancient" 8 years old at the time, I don't know positively
> if it was delivered from the factory or dealer that way or was added
> later.

Understand, and since I am in a pretty unique position to know what was on
the car, I try to correct these misconceptions when they come up.   Most people
didn't see fit to use the tonneaus on their "new" cars back then, particularly
in California, so I am not 100% positive that some Bugeyes didn't have the
long tonneaus.   I didn't see any, however, until after the Mark II's came out.

 Wonder how many other owners still have the "new" 1967 seats (from the Mark
IV wreck) in their cars.   Using the tonneau does help!

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"