RE: tonneau bow?

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: tonneau bow?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:44:38 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
That is an easy one, they look real cool!!!!!!!  And a bunch of
lift-a-dots are cheaper than 1/2 a yd of material.
                Crash

For some reason, suppliers include these MKII flaps on the Bugeye
tonneaus. They are meant to have 2 lift the dot fastners installed in
each flap so that the tonneau can be secured behind each seat.

Whenever I order a tonneau I always request that they delete the flaps.

Bugeyes never had a tonneau rail and the original Bugeye tonneaus
attached to the standard top fitting hardware. The so-called short
tonneaus were aftermarket. I never understood the logic behind them,
especially since they require drilling additional holes in the deck.
--

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct