Re: Calling All Paint Experts...

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Calling All Paint Experts...
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 06:25:36 -0400
photochemically reactive paint!  very very undesireable due to it's
yellowing!
it is the reason my bugeye all white and partially yellowing!  it's in the
clear coat.
i was using up old inventory atthe time and ran out.  got some new stuff
(same manufacturer) and al lof the sudden the new stuff was marked "not
photochemically reactive".  to be honest at the time i had no idea what that
meant!  that was about 15 years ago.  over time half of my car has yellowed
and the last part i painted did not !   so if you keepit in the garage and
out of direct sunlight....it will not yellow if thefinish is photochemically
reactive.

chuck.