Starter problem: dieng on me

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Starter problem: dieng on me
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:36:24 -0700
Hello,

I have a problem, I just killed a 2nd starter engine on my car, and I do not
know why.

Basically, I changed the starter 4 month ago.
2 month ago, the car stopped starting. Power went to the starter, but did
not turn.
I went back to the store, got a new starter, installed it, and everything
was fine.
But now, the exact same thing is happening. The starter gets power, but does
not turn.

I am pretty sure that this is a starter problem and not a problem with some
other part of the system and I am wondering what is happening:
- 2 bad starter in a Row?
- am I installing the starter wrong, causing them to die?

What is the proper starter installation procedure? Is there some "trick" or
secret that I do not know about?

Cyrille