car runs need help further update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: car runs need help further update
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:44:56 EDT
Okay thanks I'm working my way through all those suggestions but hoped, in
the meantime, to get the list's opinion on my dizzy setup since a lot of the
ideas had to do with timing curves, etc.

Again, it's a 1500 with header, DGV, fast street cam.  I got the Crane 700
with the recommended PS40 coil and Bosch rotor, cap and wires.  I used a Lucas
OPUS dizzy (stock EI unit for the car) and left the advance curve/springs/setup
stuff as it was, just took out the old timing pickup and etc. and installed
the crane stuff.  As I've noted before I can see the advance move by sucking on
the tube but can't suck hard enough to move it all the way through its path
(but it will go if I do it with my finger).  Don't take this the wrong way, but
I can suck.  I'm a (sh*tty) bicycle racer.

So I guess my questions are:

has anyone had luck with this setup (stock curve, etc.)?

does it sound like my advance is working right?

Thanks!

Mark M.

PS you can't know how big a help this is - please stick with me!