Wiper wheel box

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiper wheel box
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:12:15 -0400
Hi folks,

I am about to take my Dremel tool out to the garage to attack the chrome
nut on the wiper wheel boxes. I have tried to loosen them with WD 40, also
with a little heat, but was worried about melting the rubber parts in the
box. There doesn't seem to be anything good to grab onto to put some torque
to the nut so it is hard to get a good grip. I looked in the archives, but
didn't see a thread on this subject.

I am worried about nicking the threads on the wheel box when I cut the nut.
What's the web wisdom for removing the nuts without creating a lot of damage?

(1966 Sprite, 2 wiper system)

TIA

Tim