Re: Wiper wheel box

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: Re: Wiper wheel box
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:55:43 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Timothy H. Collins wrote:

> I am worried about nicking the threads on the wheel box when I cut the
> nut. What's the web wisdom for removing the nuts without creating a lot
> of damage?

I have cut off a few wiper nuts with a grinder. And I have knicked the
threads but only a little slit and the new nut still went right on.
Have you tried a box wrench? 3/4 or some earlier ones were 13/16s.
Tighten it first then loosen it.
When all else fails, cut that sucker off!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ