Re: Wiper wheel box

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiper wheel box
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:29:57 -0400
aren't they chromed brass?  can't you just grab it a few times strategically
with vise grips and deform it a tad bit to loosen it's grip on threaded
post?   seems to me using the dremel is not a bad idea though.   use a
carbide rotary file on one or two of the flats .    if you do any damage to
the threads it should be well past the beginning threads on the  end wich
will allow you to reinstall a nut and it will clean the threads when
reinstalling it.    or!  if you posess a thread file or an old nut to run
down any "nicked" threads you could clean and salvage the threaded section
that way as well.

chuck.