Camshaft endplay

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Camshaft endplay
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:47:13 -0500
Now, I've done this before, and I don't think I have to do it again because
I installed the same camshaft, oil pump, star-drive cog, etc.  BUT...... I
just can't remember how it's done and have this compulsion to check it!

Cam moves back and forth in its journals quite a bit, but I recall that in
use it is thrust forward.  Do I push it forward and measure between the
camshaft and the triangular thrust plate with a feeler gauge?  Or, do I do
something with a dial indicator?

aka  Blunt Head Trauma
(my excuse for forgetting most things of importance)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: