Coil heat and stalling

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coil heat and stalling
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:39:02 -0700
Hey listers,
Two things I need input on.  I installed Pertronixs' electronic ignition and
their 3 ohm HOT COIL to my sprite.  All is well but the coil gets very hot.  I
measured it at 135 degrees.  Is this normal?

Stalling dilemma:
I have a stall situation which occurs about one in five stop occasions.  Come
to stop sign put in clutch and revs drop right to zero, stalled.  I installed
new plugs, wires, electr ign and coil.  I did not change the cap and rotor
cause they were new less than 1000 miles ago.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David L. Vrba
'62 Sprite MKII
Dublin, CA