Re: NO LBC ...i can hear frank already....RANT!!

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, psychalgia@rocketmail.com
Subject: Re: NO LBC ...i can hear frank already....RANT!!
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:24:54 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/10/2004 1:21:33 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

We  signed an agreement with Mexico
not too long ago and much  American
business went south of the border. They
are paying so poorly  down there, that
Mexicans, etc. continue to want to come up here, legally  or not!

.

Politics Bob.  I can tell you why they do not seal the border, and I  don't
like the present situation any better than you.

1. There are so many voters, primarily Democrats, along the border with
family and business interest on both sides, that they keep pressure on the Demo

politicians to keep it "one world" with an "invisible border".  We all love
one another can't we all just get along?

2. There are so many voters, primarily Republicans, along the border  and
elsewhere with business interest on both sides, they want to keep the  Mexican
government happy with them so they can continue doing business on both  sides.
Did you know that the immigrants, illegal and otherwise send  something like
$16 billion a year (billion with a B) south to their  families?  Immigrants in
the US support the Mexican economy and government  in a big way!

Now, as for outsourcing the manufacture of anything, we only have ourselves
to blame.  Flashfire starts his email with "cant continue the tradition" of
buying expensive US made tools.  If we wont pay top dollar, and I for one
wont, we wont get fine quality Union made, US manufactured tools.  Yes, the
companies want to make a profit, because if they don't they wont be in
business.
They are not the government after all.  But, you cannot pay  a worker $24.50
an hour and make tools we can all afford (or will afford) to  buy.

I just bought a Russian semi-auto shotgun.  12 gauge, 5 choke tubes,  Turkish
walnut stock, ribbed 28" barrel, $229.00!  The same gun from a US
manufacturer would cost 2-3 times as much.  Will this be a super high  quality
gun with
engraving and hand checkering, and a gold plated trigger?   No, but when I
prop it against the bumper (unloaded) and it falls in the sand,  or I drop it
in
the river, I wont have tears in my eyes.  It will do what I  want it to do
(shoot little birdies out of the sky) quite well, at a price I was  willing to
pay.

The Mexican Stanley tools I have will R&R my spridget parts as well as  I
need them too, at a price I can pay and still afford to buy parts (and more
guns!).

Robert  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

They that can give up essential liberty to  obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety._Benjamin  Franklin_
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Benjamin_Franklin/)  (1706 - 1790)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: