Re: Harbor Freight (said in a whisper)

To: John.Deikis@med.va.gov
Subject: Re: Harbor Freight (said in a whisper)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:18:26 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
It may well be true.  They do say "DIY price", do they not?  Over the
past few years I've purchased tools from Harbor Freight and always got
what I expected.  Why?   Well they do sell quality items if you pay the
price.   But most important to me is the fact that they sell tools which
I may have a one-time or occasional use for and they're priced
accordingly.    Like any retailer, they offer quality and "gonna use it
once or twice" items.

John.Deikis@med.va.gov wrote:

>Just got the latest Horrible Freight rag for the local retail outlets.
>
>Lo and behold:  Shanghai Lot #42802 is a "Powder Coating System", further
>described as "Professional Quality Paint at a DIY Price" (would they lie?).
>And it's 59.99, with a so-called regular price of 99.99$.
>
>Besides Frank C., does anyone have a SERIOUS comment about this?
>
>I'm envisioning lots of powder-coated brackets and do-dads cooking in a
>recycled toaster oven.
>I think it will also coat noodles.
>
>Tell me it can be true, Batman!
>
>JohnD