Garage advice request

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Garage advice request
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:53:42 -0400
Hey, guys!

It's been forever. I'm sorry. Life is wild sometimes, and I've been busy with
life in general. Wait 'til I tell you what's been going on!

Last October Paul took a job in Las Vegas. That left me in Tennessee caring for
animals and house and my job, which was 60 miles away from home, while Healium
was warehoused 45 miles in the other direction. Ugh. I didn't get out driving
too often. Oh, and another thing that kept me off the road was that Healium was
getting an engine rebuild for a year or so before that.

Back in January Paul and I bought a house in Las Vegas. Paul has been living in
the house since then, while I stayed in Tennessee looking for a job in Las
Vegas. It took me a while. I started a new job here three weeks ago. Yippee!
Now I'm living in the same house with my husband and driving 4 miles to work
each morning. Life is good. It will be even better soon, when Healium gets here
from Tennessee.

The Vegas house has a few nice features, but the most important, of course, is
the three-car garage. I won't have to warehouse my Sprite 45 miles away! And
here's the big garage news: Paul and I are going to be on a home repair TV show
that will help us set up the garage for our little British cars. (Yes, I've
learned the joy of getting free stuff from TV shows.) The show is DIY to the
Rescue on the DIY network, the lesser known sister network to HGTV. It's
channel 230 on DirecTV. Anyway, they're going to come rescue our garage. We've
been talking about four projects:
1. Removing a dog run the previous owner built in the garage. We need the real
estate for cars. We talked briefly about adding a lift so we could put four
cars in the three-car garage, but that idea was nixed.
2. Adding garage cabinets. We have these to choose from:
http://www.hotrodbysauder.com/product/productthumb.asp What would you guys
recommend?
3. Treating the floor to withstand the oil that leaks from little British cars.
Because of the drying time required for an epoxy floor, they won't be able to
do that. They've already installed interlocking tiles in another garage. Are
you aware of some other type of flooring that might be good for this
application?
4. Possibly adding a garage door opener to the single door side of the garage.
We have an opener on the double door side, but we're planning to keep one of
the Healeys on the single-door side. The producer of the show thinks that a
garage door opener isn't a do-it-yourself kind of job. Do you guys know of a
door opener that would be relatively simple to install?

One condition of any products they use is that they have to be donated by the
manufacturer. That's why we're getting those particular cabinets, for example.
They don't want me to approach the manufacturers, but they're open to
recommendations. Can you share your experience with me?

They'll be taping the show at the end of October, but it won't air for several
months after that. I'll let you guys know when that is.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Amy

Check out the new British Cars Forum: