Re: garage advice 2

To: Spridget Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: garage advice 2
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:40:30 -0700
HUH?? What is this "winter" & "snow" thing you guys keep talking about?
Don't understand!

LBCs are for driving everyday, except when actually raining - about 6
days a year here in So Cal. Our friends in Nevada don't see that much.
(To NV listers - "Rain" is water failling from sky - I don't have
explanation for "snow"). lol

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Robert E. Shlafer wrote:

Heh, heh...."amazing"

Well, I used to drive 'em in snow all the time. Driven reasonably they
handled it
OK on the stock, skinny tires of those times....not so good with the
wider rims
and tires of today, though.

Today my BE rests warmly and comfortably under it's cover during the
winter, while the GTi does yeoman winter
service.
Except on those nice, sunny winter
days of course, wherein roads are
uncontaminated by salt and the elements
and a top down drive is exactly what the
doctor ordered, for car and driver alike. :)

Cap'n. Bob     '60 :{)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: