Re: Welding wire

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Welding wire
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:03:43 -0500
On Friday 05 November 2004 08:54 am, William M. Gilroy wrote:

> "Have any of you guys tried the Perfect Circle brand welding wire called
> twenty Gauge? This is a JW HARRIS product which is an old and trusted
> outfit.

I picked up a 2lb spool of this stuff at lunch.  After about 10 minutes of
trial and error I could lay a nice bead on 22 gauge sheetmetal without
burning through.  I had to move fast, but I think I could do better with a
bit less power and a slower wire speed.

For me, this stuff is much better than regular welding wire.  I recommend it
the stuff and if you are not that good I think it will really help your
welds.

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting " holy sh*t...what
a ride!"