RE: Welding wire

To: "Duncan Sinclair" <duncan@pondhop.com>
Subject: RE: Welding wire
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:27:41 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi.
Why did they say you need a new tank? I didn't think the tank mattered.
The data sheet says either mix will work. But supposedly you will get more
splatter with just C02. Adding argon to the mix helps with splatter and smooths
the bead since it is inert, but is more expensive. The more argon you add the
smoooother it gets, to a point I suppose. I've not experimented with different
gas mixtures, just stuff I've read about.
I can't remember what mix I'm using.