Re: 1500 intake question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1500 intake question
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:24:38 -0600
Okay, I'm gonna haul out my soapbox for just a bit here:

Why do people want to spend $$$ putting a downdraft Weber on a 1500 Midget,
when you can contact a breaker's yard in the UK and get a pair of SU's with
appropriate manifold, needles and linkages delivered to your door for about
$100?  Add a rebuild kit and a few hours' pleaseant time cleaning and fitting
parts and you have a setup that was actually designed for the engine, and
breathes at least as well as the Weber set-up (where the manifold takes 2
turns from carb to head).

Soabpox mode off...

Chris K.

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:52:22 EST, Dbcooper292 wrote