Re: Regarding trailers...

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Regarding trailers...
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:19:07 EST
In a message dated 11/17/04 8:53:13 AM, lewing@sport.rr.com writes:

>     I have decided it's time to take the next step and purchase an
> enclosed trailer.  I'm guessing something in the 16' to 24' range, ramp
> rear door, bumper pull.  Anyone have any suggestions/cautions/
> experience?

Get a two axle trailer.   Two axles mean one will probably stay on the
trailer when the single one gets torn off.   Trailers are heavy and some
thought
should be spent on aerodynamics.   A side door and enough room for a workbench
is
nice.   We drive our Sprite in between the wheel wells and tie it down to D
rings on the floor

Plan to put some thought and patience in tying things down on (in) the
trailer.   Roads can be rough enough to knock things like ramps off the walls
and
out of cabinets.

Don't ask how I know these things.   You use the enclosed trailer to keep
your car nice, don't you?

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"