Painting rims or death to the skidmores

Subject: Painting rims or death to the skidmores
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:10:35 -0500
I was finishing up painting some rostyle rims today and I decide to apply a
coat of Krylon "Crystal Clear Acrylic Gloss" on top of the Krylon Aluminum.
It turned  a shinny  sliver into a battleship grey or brushed aluminum.  Not
quite what I planned.  I can't wait to try this stuff on the nice shinny
black and see what happens.  Or maybe I will try a can of the Rustolem shinny
clear.   I will not blast off what every I wind up with.

What have you folks used and what do you like or dislike?

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget