Re: Painting rims or death to the skidmores

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Painting rims or death to the skidmores
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:17:27 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
I did my Rostyles about 3 years ago. I used Rust-Oleum, I think, from
Home Defect most likely. I'm not happy with the results, as the clear
coat I applied wrinkled, and now they're chipped and rusting again.
Granted, my prep probably wasn't the best (it was one of the first
restoration tasks I did, and I've learned a lot since then), but I'm
still annoyed that they're rusting so soon.

I have two more sets of wheels, so one of these days when I have nothing
else to do I may try getting them blasted ans painting them again.

Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/