Re: Polyurethane Bushings

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>, David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Polyurethane Bushings
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:20:18 -0600
Cc: spridgets-owner@Autox.Team.Net, Gregory Groiss <ggroiss@gmail.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
I can't speak for their use in a Spridget, but we put the Blue Prothane
throughout the front suspension of my wife's '58 Magentte, and they're
great.  A bit firmer than the rubber, but not harsh at all (they seem to soak
up the abrupt shocks but resist the slower deformation that comes from
chassis lean).

Basically, the various types of urethane can be mixed to achieve various
degrees of hardness, all the way from "jello" to "I just lost a filling".
Ask about the "durometer rating" of any urethane bushings that you buy.

Chris K.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:09:25 GMT, Robert E. Shlafer wrote
> Well, Jim....
<snip>