Surprise Bugeye sighting: in my driveway!!

To: "Mary" <CMK2@aol.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Surprise Bugeye sighting: in my driveway!!
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:12:11 -0800
Spridgeteers,

Although I've been a long time lurker and occaisional contributor,  I have
not owned a Spridget 'till now.  That changed yesterday.

Yesterday I had my first 5 hours of the Spridget experience!!!!  Met the
Prince of Darkness head-on for the first time!!

At work yesterday everybody was acting a bit solicitous but I couldn't
really figure it out.  Then, right about 7 pm, I weas called to the front
door only to see my wife, brother, and sister-in-law standing right next to
a bright red Bugeye with red bows on it!  My sister (who lives out of state)
had arranged a surprise gift for me.  The car is a 1960 and might still be
found on the European Collectibles web site.

True to form, my new car stalled when my brother was parking it and we were
unable to start it last night. Fortunately, AAA came through with a flatbed
and the car arrived at my home silently and effortlessly. After thinking
things through I deduced that there was a problem in the switch, which
diagnosis was confirmed by my brother telling me, "Oh, yea, the guy told me
that -- you just need to turn the key back to the left a little bit."  We're
still friends and I've been laughing since last night.

The car

Well, now I'm on the road although there is a problem in that the battery
doesn't seem to charge up.  It may be time for a new one, although it looks
fairly fresh.  Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Right away I can tell that I'm in the market for a disk brake conversion.
Not to mention the appropriate shop manuals, and I guess I'll have to buy a
bunch of new tools.....

Stay tuned for more experiences and questions!

Hal

1960 Bugeye
1993 Integra
1982 380SL (Kate's car)
Two cats: Piglet and Mandrake
One Boston Terror (oops, I mean Trrier)Burty