Re: Twin Cam into Bugeye?

To: Jacques Le Clainche <hobbycars@cox.net>, Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Twin Cam into Bugeye?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 06:10:10 -0800 (PST)
Y'know Jacques, I think if I was going to do this I'd
seriously look at
the Ford Zetec and Duratec conversions:
http://www.raceline.co.uk/zetecframes.htm.  Lotus
twincams are really expensive to rebuild as you
probably know!  You could probably get a Zetec out of
a wrecking yard for short money, pay for the
conversion pieces and still be under the cost of the
Lotus motor.  I've even seen some Zetecs running dual
Webers if you wanted to avoid switching to fuel
injection.  I know you said you wanted to be period
correct, so maybe this isn't for you, but it's worth a
thought.

Rick