NLBC..F150 Ford Help

To: morris_motors@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: NLBC..F150 Ford Help
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:29:22 EST
Cc: macsclubhouse@yahoogroups.com
My cousin Donald in Irving is having a problem with his 1997 Ford F150 pick
'em up truck.  It's a V-6 and after driving about 15 minutes, his #3 cylinder
starts to miss.

He's changed plugs, wires, and now was attempting to change the coil.  On
these trucks the coil and dist. cap are made in one unit apparently?  Anyway,
he
got a replacement coil and enstalled it and no joy, the truck would not even
start.  Put the old one back on, it runs but misses after 15 minutes.  He went
back to the auto supply and got an OEM style and put it on, same deal.

What is he missing?  His manual doesn't say anyting about setting, turning
on, polarizing, or booting up the coil.  Anyone know whats wrong or have any
suggesions?

Robert B. Houston
Texan in NM
73 Midget and others

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I
don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."