Re: Heater Hose, SU question, exhaust, and more

To: "Michael Graziano" <mgraziano@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Heater Hose, SU question, exhaust, and more
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:08:08 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
On Saturday 12 February 2005 01:28 pm, Michael Graziano wrote:

> Issues:  Overheating at these 5 minute Texas traffic lights,  revs limiting
> at 3500 when hot, occasional miss that Frank, Chuck, and Kevin couldn't
> figure out with 2 hours of fiddling a few years ago.

Is the overheating problem only when stopped? I have the same problem and have
not solved it yet.  Last summer it was so hot under the hood I could not
touch anything without burning myself.   My car has a stock engine, catalytic
converter and a stock exhaust manifold.  If the car is moving the heat
problem goes away.   These cars are the same in the sense they are RB, but
different w.r.t. the engine and exhaust.  Carbs are the same.

So the question we need to ask is what causes our cars to get way too hot
under the hood when stopped yet other people have no problem.

1)  Lack of airflow
2) Spark advance
3) fuel mixture

Does anyone of these sound like it may cause a heat problem?  I think we
should be able to run cooler and not have problems at lights since other RB
Midgets don't have this problem.  So before we can solve the problem we need
to know what might be the cause of the problem.  Any ideas?

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget
94 Chevy S10 SS
95 Toyota Corolla