RE: Electric Fan

To: "'Bud Pazur'" <bpazur@excel.net>
Subject: RE: Electric Fan
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:48:36 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bud,  I run the small Hayden (10"?) with a crossflow radiator in my bug-i.
There is no room to run it as a puller and if you are having problems with a
stock fan, it won't fit either. My works fine as a pusher and the only
regret I have is I bought the non-adjustable thermostat and it comes on at a
higher temp than I would like.  The toggle switch I put in on the A/C wire
from the fan takes care of the problem.  I think I bought the Hayden fan
from Pep boys or Kragen at about half the price.
                Crash

I just put a 1275 in my street Bugeye, but I can't use the six blade plastic
fan - too much interference between the radiator and the timing chain cover
canister. I don't want to use the four blade metal one, so I want to go to
an
electric fan, preferably one with a thermostat.

I am looking for one which installs easily in front of my radiator. Does
anyone have experience with the Hayden fan that Mo$$ carries? Ant other
recommendations?

Thanks

Bud Pazur