Re: Rear hubs leaking

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear hubs leaking
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:46:28 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Deikis, John writes:

> Would this be an appropriate place to try one of the "high fill" anerobic
> adhesives, like a Loctite or Permatex "Shaft and Bearing Mount"?  (claims
> make press fits into interference fits).
> JohnD

I had loose bearings in the hub of my race Bugeye. The hub ID bearing mating
surface was very worn. In desparation I finally tried some high quality
aluminum shim stock (obtained from a Budweiser beer can), and one of the
Loctites (I forget which right now, and I'm at work so I can't go look). I
put the strip of shim stock into the hub. Then, with some patience, I press
fit the bearings into the hub, with the shim stock and adhesive in between
the bearing OD and the hub ID. It's been working great.

Bud

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

***  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool