Re: FOT Project Pulley

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FOT Project Pulley
From: <triumph_marx@freenet.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:25:26 +0200
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
I don't have #4 overheating and I agree with the stock radiator won't stand
pressures above 5PSI for a long time. I changed the radiator to a model of a
cheap german sports car and have plenty of cooling now. To get a better
cooling of #4 you can enlarge the bores of the head behind #4, that will
force the coolant to pass #4 cylinder. I don't run the heater pipe at my
car, no lack of cooling so far.

The figure 8 sealing has a problem with electrical corrosion because it is
aluminium squeezed between cast iron and the wet liner. To avoid this I
prevent the sealing from to get wet. A thick portion of silicon before
installing the 8 sealing and a additional thick portion of silicone after
installing the sealing will cover the complete sealing. After slipping the
liners in no water can reach the sealing or can get through to the oil part
of the engine.

Chris