Re: Garage floor sealant

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Garage floor sealant
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:01:47 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ron Soave wrote:

> I know there have been many threads on this, archive
> search was futile.  What's your experience /
> recommendation for garage floor sealant?

Use PLYWOOD! It absorbs oil, not that any of our cars leak oil, but just
incase. It can be easily replaced when it gets full of various colors of
spray paint. It can look like a fine wood floor if properly stained
before the oil or spray paint stains it.
Hot tires will not affect it.
Snow, ice, salt will not affect it.
When it's really grubby, just flip it over :)
About $20 a sheet, don't buy the Home Defect yellow pine plywood though,
it will warp if the humidity goes above 20%.
Stay away from black & white tiles, they look nice but are a real bear
to keep clean.
I have heard that some of the 2 part epoxy paints work great too but
then you can't spray paint parts on your floor.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ