RE: Garage floor sealant

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Garage floor sealant
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:11:50 -0600
I've also heard of folks having issues putting it on freshly poured
concrete.  I think you are supposed to wait 3 months after the pad is
poured, so the concrete can set up.  Then you can clean off the crap that
comes to the surface as part of the concrete curing process.

I did use muriatic acid to clean the concrete before we used the stuff that
came with the epoxy kit.  We scrubbed the hell out of the concrete with some
really stiff shop brushes and muriatic acid solution until the concrete was
super clean.  Then we rinsed off the concrete and repeated the muriatic acid
solution scrub.  Once we felt EVERYTHING came off of the floor, then we used
the citric acid solution from the kit.  We then let the floor dry out
overnight, ran a broom across the floor one last time, then started
painting.  We had a team of three, two painting, one refilling the paint
trays and applying the sprinkles.

As for Frank's comment about spray paint, I haven't had any stick.  A quick
wipe with a rag with paint thinner on it, and the overspray comes right up.
I've spilt oil, brake fluid, bleach, brake cleaner, and left a leaky car
battery on the floor.  None of them have left any lasting impressions.

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Driftwood, TX