Re: [Fwd: Re[2]: Car Cover]

To: William Thompson <willy1959@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re[2]: Car Cover]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:44:10 -0500
Cc: bushwacker4@zoomtown.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
William Thompson wrote:

> As a Builder, we are seeing considerable Problems involving tyvek's
> claim to fame of letting moisture out, (one way)  I dont think its the
> product to end all.

Tyvek does "breathe", you can physically blow thru it from the back
side, you can not from the front side. But Like Willy said, it's not the
best at letting moisture out. It actually holds it in. It lets air out.
There are certain sidings where Tyvek is NOT recommended.
I do use the stuff as it is better than felt (tar) paper in most modern
vinyl sidings. Never under wood siding, and never under stucco.
If you build it right, no moisture should get behind the Tyvek.
Right Willy ;)

As a car cover, it's much better than a blue tarp!
But a Technalon car cover would be my first choice.
It was but covering a car got old real quick and squirrels like to eat
technalon. Uncle Gene died so there is no one to shot squirrels in the
neighborhood anymore.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ