RE: one wire alternator

To: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>,<triumphs@autox.team.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: one wire alternator
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:38:02 -0400
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
UJ,
Okay. So I go over there to NAPA and ask them for a one-wire GM alternator.
The good 'ole boy says, "What's it for?"
I say, "Well, it's an old Triumph and all I need is for it to sorta fit."
He says, "You can't put this in no motorcycle."
This goes on for a couple of more minutes and I walk out with an alternator
of some ilk in a dusty old off-the-shelf box.
Once back in my shop I see, of course, two dangling wires that used to be
hooked to my faithful and trusty positive-earth generator.
The easy thing to do is take the GM alternator back to NAPA, except that
everyone says it's so easy to hook the new-fangled thing up and have greater
reliability, less weight and more juice.
This next step is where I need help. Assuming that I can get the
one-wire-model to physically mount-up straight and stout, what do I do then,
(at a sixth grade learning level), to make it do its thing?
Thanks,
Richard

BTW: I haven't been to the NAPA store yet. This is just a vision of what it
will be like.

You Wrote

Several days ago someone sent me a note asking a question about one-wire
alternators. I've lost your message in the computer. Please send me the
message again.

uncle jack