Wrong con rods

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Wrong con rods
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:42:41 EDT
Hi List,

Remember my post the other day about the guy trying to pass off a set of
common-or-garden (Olde English phrase) 1275/1300 con rods as 1275 Spridget
rods?

Well my e-bay purchased 1275 Spridget rods arrived today including payment of
#22 British taxes which I owe my wife for.  Yup, certainly look to be 1275
Spridget rods on standard pistons but duhhhhh I know the part number is wrong.
What else good they be if they are not Spridget rods??

Copy of Vizard from the bookshelf and a quick check reveals YES, YES, they
are 1275 Cooper S rods.

Well these rods might well end up in the rebuild of my 1312 engine rather
than in the planned turbo A+ Marina super shopper Morris Traveller.

'Course, I need a 1275 Spridget crank now and a complete spare 1275 engine.
If someone brings over in hand baggage I'll trade my spare A-series (BL MG
Metro) turbo installation.

Finally, any advice on removing the pistons from the rods without it being '
a job best left to your BL dealer'.  The gudgeon pins are the interference
type.

Daniel1312 - feeling cheerful