Re: Wrong con rods

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wrong con rods
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:05:00 -0700 (PDT)
--- Daniel1312@aol.com wrote:
> Finally, any advice on removing the pistons from the
> rods

Daniel,
I just did 2 pistons last week.  Propane torch on the
rods for about 15-20 seconds really, really helps.  I
used an arbor press, one fairly rapid tap, then press
right out. I've done it many times with 2 sockets and
a vise.  For re-installation, I stuck the pins in a
freezer for a few hours, and cooked the rods in an
oven at 400F for an hour.  The pin damn near drops in
with that combination.

Funny, I have a few sets of rods, they're all the
Cooper S rods, no matter what they came out of!

Ron Soave

When opportunity knocks, don't bitch about the noise.