Re: Stuck in First Gear and Clutch Judder

To: Greg Mahney <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Stuck in First Gear and Clutch Judder
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 00:06:53 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Could be real bad. I had that problem with the Bugeye when I fired the
motor and trans into it without investigating or rebuilding anything.
After almost 30 years of being off the road, I found out why it had been
taken apart by a previous owner. The trans had so much play in the
bearings that the shaft would move far enough to jamb it in first or
reverse. I rocked the car back and forth and managed to pull it back
into neutral. Since it was a smooth case, I just chucked it and stuck in
another I bought cheap from a friend.

Good Luck, hope it's just as Chuck described.

Dave