RE: Glazing Compound

To: "bushwacker4@zoomtown.com" <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Glazing Compound
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 20:38:15 -0400
for non catalised glaze, 3M's acrylic blue glaze.
nitrostan was a standard of the industry 20 years ago.   it's a thickened
laquer and nothing more.    the acrylic blue by 3M swells less from thinner
and obviously shrinks back less  in far shorter time than the old laquer
based glazes.

chuck.
not that i know anything about the stuff.......and fer yer OWN GOOD, do not
ask about catalised glaze!

and my NitroStan that has been sitting on the shelf all those years seems a
little lumpy. Plus, it is not really good for today's paints... It says for
acrylic lacquers on the tube!

> What's a good glazing compound these days? I really like the easy sanding
kind.