Re: Broken Tranny - kinda long

To: bmwwxman@gmail.com, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com
Subject: Re: Broken Tranny - kinda long
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:43:04 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Disclaimer:  *****I have no experience specific to this tranny****

Based on more general experience, I would be cautious before ordering
anything for this tranny.  I don't know the structure of the case of the
ribcase, but
if it has a panel to be unbolted and removed, as on a 1500 trans, I would
favor making use of it and taking a look inside before I did anything else.
This
would mean taking it out so I agree with the suggestion to put it in gear and
see if it spins against the motor first.  My guess from what you said - it
will spin freely, and when you take it out and take the panel off, if it
exists,
you may well see an ungodly disaster inside there involving a lot more than
basic parts and  decide to go to plan B.

I hope I'm wrong.

Mark M.