Re: Broken Tranny - kinda long

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Broken Tranny - kinda long
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:17:51 -0600
Cc: spridgets-owner@autox.team.net, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jim -

Put the car in 1st gear or reverse and try to turn the output of the
transmission (if your Midget is a 1275 or earlier, you'll need to use the
driveshaft to do the turning).

If you can turn the transmission output with the car in 1st or reverse, the
breakage is forward of the diff.

You may have a diff problem, but that doesn't mean that it's the thing that
stopped you.

Chris K.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:00:40 -0500, Jim Johnson wrote