Re: Spridget brake upgrade from a MGB

To: "Rick & Carolyn" <wrongwayricky@mac.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spridget brake upgrade from a MGB
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:47:45 -0700 reply-type=original
The simple conversion is only for disc wheel cars.  I have a friend who did
the conversion on his car.   It uses machined hub adapters, MGB rotors, and
Spitfire calipers.   I have a pair of hub adapters for a big brake
conversion if someone is interested.
There are some clearance issues with the tie rod ends, envolving some
ginding to fit.  I believe he had to machine down the top inside of the
rotor just a bit.

Daniel mentioned a source in England that has done a wire wheel car.
different parts involved.
David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/