Re: Spridget brake upgrade from a MGB

To: "Rick & Carolyn" <wrongwayricky@mac.com>, "Jackson Zimmermann" <jzimmerm@k12albemarle.org>
Subject: Re: Spridget brake upgrade from a MGB
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:41:29 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Rick,

Cross drilling the rotors is to get rid of the gases exhuding from the pads
when they get so hot they gasify so you'll have less brake fade.  Not at all
likely they will cut down on the warping and may damage the pads.  You just
need a bigger heat sink or better cooling than these rotors.  Make sure your
rear brakes are fully operational and are doing all they can do.

Just traded a set of competition cross drilled WW rotors for some hubs a few
weeks back.  I'd had them for more years than I care to admit!!

Later, Paul A