Re: Re: Spridget brake upgrade from a MGB

To: Rick & Carolyn <wrongwayricky@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Spridget brake upgrade from a MGB
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:06:28 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Rick,

Oops, I went back and re-read your message, and saw that you are trying to
solve a warping problem.  I think the only way you are going to do that is
through improved cooling.  Cross-drilled rotors won't really help with that.
You may see some slight improvement in cooling by removing the dust shields
from the back of the rotors.  Otherwise, you're probably going to have to get
some more air flow by ducting some cooling air to the rotors.

Or, you could just use the brakes less on the descents. :>)

-Karl