Re: (NLBC) List change

To: "Woerpel's" <dwoerpel@wi.net>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: (NLBC) List change
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:42:15 -0700 (PDT)
--- Woerpel's <dwoerpel@wi.net> wrote:
> are taking the cars (MGA and Bugeye) to Elkhart Lake
> Sunday for the
> Brain Redman Challenge.

Missed you by a day. Although we were bummed by some
oil retention difficulties Flounder had with Redrum,
it was a fantastic time today.  The shade in the woods
was at a premium, as it was another cloudless 90+ day
(we had one single day last summer over 90, this year
it must be 20 or 30 so far).  More big bore stuff than
I've seen in one race (and fast, Corvettes turning
2:23's) Can Am cars, vintage formula stuff, and
"historic" formula cars.  The "historic" F1's are
newer stuff with historic value, with pros like Duncan
Dayton mixing it up with some members of the Lucky
Sperm Club who happen to also be excellent drivers.
Hearing Brian French's Ferrari at 17,000 RPM is just
an amazing thing.  There was a leaf green Bugeye
everyone (but me) thought was yours, Dave, parked on
the hill at turn 5.  We'll all have to hook up next
year.

There was a stunning (to me anyway) 1969 Alexis FF for
sale that I lusted over (my secret desire to race an
open wheel car is well out of the bag), and despite
Peter C.'s offer to pay room and board if I bought it
and raced it next year (I think he was overwhelmed by
the lack of oil leaks and mechanical oddities on the
car), I stayed true to my Sprite and spent the money
on an outstanding root beer float instead.

Have fun tomorrow!!!

'hopper