Sprite latches

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite latches
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 08:42:40 -0400 reply-type=original
My door latches won't close without a pretty good push while holding down
the lever on the latch.  Aside from some door pinching they seem to be
aligned with the strikers.  I lubed them a little but still not good.  Is
there a way to loosen them up a bit or do I need to find replacements?

I guess I'll go pull one out and see what's up.  Also some PO mounted the
strikers so close to the inner opening that I can barely get the door trim
(furflex type) on.  If I move the striker out and shim the latch is that a
good solution?

I have the underside of the Sprite painted if you care to see it on my site.
Only two pics so far.  I should have it back soon for reassembly.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa