Re: Mirrors: door or fender?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mirrors: door or fender?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:18:28 -0400
Dan,

One other option not yet discussed is to get short stem motorcycle mirrors and
mount them in the front windshield side frame mounting hole. These come in
flat or convex lens, round or rectangle shapes. I forget which make has the
same thread as the captive nut, Yamaha I think.  You can use the rear hole to
mount them but they will interfere somewhat with side curtain
installation/removal.  Door mounts will unless well reinforced from the inside
will cause cracks in the door skin.

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 AH Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie"
http://sprites2.homestead.com/